Do A Good Turn...
Groups and organizations contact our office from time to time with community needs.
If you can find the time, please consider helping out!
Good Turn for America is a national call to service by the Boy Scouts of America to specifically address the issues of hunger, homelessness, and poor health in our nation but also applies to service to the community in general. By recording your unit service hours on the Good Turn for America Web site, you help Scouting nationwide tell the story of the good our program is doing.
INSTRUCTIONS TO REGISTER SERVICE HOURS WITH GOOD TURN FOR AMERICA
1) Call Kathy Adair at the Council Service Center (563) 388-7233 ext. 127 or email Jeff Applegate at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your unit Good Turn for America ID and local unit number.
2) Visit servicehours.scouting.org
3) Once you are on the Good Turn site, follow the directions to enter your service project information. Among the information you will be asked to provide:
- Date of the project
- # of registered Scouts participating
- # of adult leaders participating
- Total hours worked on the project
- Who or what organizations benefited from the project
4) After entering the data, your unit will be eligible to receive the Good Turn for America patch and year segment.
If you are not able to access the Good Turn for America site, you can download this
Service Project Reporting Form
and mail it to:
4412 N. Brady St
Davenport, IA 52806
The BSA has developed this program to help develop strong relationships between our units and the schools. For more information, check out www.bsaadoptaschool.org.
Two Rivers Y.M.C.A.: Ongoing
The Two Rivers YMCA in Moline has opportunities for youth to gain valuable service hours. If you are interested in their volunteer opportunities, please contact the Two Rivers YMCA representative, Marlena Niemeir at 309-797-3945, ext. 234.