National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
What Is The Purpose of NYLT?
- To give the Scouts confidence and knowledge to lead their home program.
- To instruct Scouts in the Eleven Skills of Leadership.
- To give Scouts the opportunity to work with and learn from other Scouts.
- To learn life-long communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- To experience the ideal Scouting program in a fun-filled setting!
The National Youth Leadership Training is a six-day outdoor experience for Boy Scouts and Venture Members. The course represents a month in the life of the ideal Scout Troop or Crew. Participants will sleep in tents, prepare their own meals by patrols, and will live and interact by the principles of the Scout Oath and Law.
When Will This Course Be Offered?
Check back for future dates.
This year's course was a huge success with over 25 of our Council Scouts participating!! We are proud of our future leaders and the staff who helped prepare them to be great!